You need to accept the latest Veterinary Medicines Directorate online terms and conditions
Updated on 9 March 2020
Check these terms and conditions regularly. We can update them at any time without notice.
You will be deemed to agree to any changes if you continue to use this service after the terms and conditions have been updated.
About this service
The ‘Veterinary Medicines Digital Service’ is managed by the Veterinary Medicines Directorate (VMD). VMD is an executive agency of the Department of Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) and will be referred to as ‘we’ or ‘us’ from now on.
This service is for business use only.
Sharing and storing data
How to use this site responsibly
When using this site you and your organisation agree to use the site for lawful purposes only.
In addition, VMD will also make reasonable background checks to make sure:
- it is appropriate for the organisation to use the service
- that the individual making the application is a legitimate representative for that organisation
Once these checks have been completed, we will not perform any further checks for subsequent individuals that are invited to use the service for the organisation.
It will be the responsibility of the organisation’s service administrator(s) to ensure the validity of all individuals who can access their organisation's account.
When providing or receiving security information, you agree:
- to treat any username, password or any other information which forms part of VMD's security procedures as confidential
- that you will not share this security information with any unauthorised third party and that you will be liable for any loss or damage arising from sharing this security information with any unauthorised third party
- to notify us promptly if you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password
There are risks in using a shared computer (for example, in a public place like a library) to access this site. It is your responsibility to be aware of these risks and to avoid using any computer which may subject your personal information to being accessible to others. In such circumstances you are responsible for maintaining security and protection while using your VMD account. You should take reasonably necessary precautions to ensure that the way in which you access this service does not expose you to the risk of:
- malicious computer code
You must not misuse this site by knowingly introducing viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs, spyware, adware, time-bombs, keystroke loggers or any other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to this site, the system on which it is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to it. You must not attack this site using a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
You must not access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of our site, any equipment or network on which our site is stored, any software used in the provision of our site, or any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
You must not use this site in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect. This includes, but is not limited to, misusing this site by knowingly providing incorrect, false or fraudulent information about your identity or any other user's identity, by misrepresenting your identity or any other user's identity.
By using this site, you agree that you will not:
- register for an account to act on behalf of an organisation where you do not have the necessary authority to do so
- attempt to gain unauthorised access to this site, including the server on which it is stored or any server, computer or database connected to this website for yourself or for another user
- knowingly invite or verify a user who does not have the authority to act on your behalf or on the behalf of the organisation for which you represent
- use your VMD account to provide access to users to services that they do not have the authority to access
- be a party to sending any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam)
- carry out any activities in relation to 'screen scraping' or database scraping to obtain lists of users, URLs, internet keywords or other information
- access this site by any means other than the interface that is provided by Defra
- infringe the rights of other authorised users
- restrict or inhibit the use of this site by any authorised third party or entity
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or resell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms and conditions of this website
Your interaction and actions on the site
By using this site, you agree that you will not engage in any behaviour or activity or put any information on the site that is:
- defamatory of any person
- obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory
- promoting sexually explicit material
- promoting violence * promoting discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age
- infringing any copyright, database right or trademark of any other person
- likely to deceive any person
- breaching any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence
- in contempt of court
- threatening, abusive or invading another's privacy
- impersonating any person, or misrepresenting your identity or affiliation with any person
- a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism
Breach of terms and conditions
If you fail to comply with the terms and conditions, you may not be permitted to use our site and it may result in further action including, but not limited to any and all actions listed below:
- we may issue a warning to you
- we may immediately, temporary, or permanently remove your authorisation to access services via your VMD account
- we may instigate legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach
- we may take further legal action against you
- we may disclose any information to law enforcement authorities that we deem necessary or as required by the law
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to a breach of terms and conditions.
Copyright and intellectual property
All intellectual property rights on this site, and in any material published on it, belongs to us. These works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
The information contained on this site is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by VMD and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we do not provide a guarantee of any kind or for any purpose, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability of the information, products, services or related graphics on the site. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk.
We are not liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this site.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, VMD takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Although VMD has taken reasonable precautions to ensure that no viruses are present on this site, VMD cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage sustained as a result of computer virus. You should use your own virus protection software. We accept no responsibility for damage which may be caused by computer viruses.
In the event of dispute
All terms, its subject matter and its formation are governed by English law. By using this site you agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction except that if you are a resident of Northern Ireland, you may bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are a resident of Scotland, you may bring proceedings in Scotland.
Contact VMD promptly, if you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your security information. firstname.lastname@example.org